RE: setting up air compressor - Off topic

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: setting up air compressor - Off topic
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 12:08:57 -0600
> Your tank will accumulate water from the moisture in the air. There
> should be a drain valve somewhere on your tank - open it about once a
> week to drain off the water.

If you don't want to have to remember this, there are a number of automatic
drains available as well.  Typically, they're an electric valve that you set
a timer on.  However, in some environments, they tend to have problems.  The
very best that I've used were recommended by a local compressor supplier,
and are pressure actuated, so they issue a blast each time the compressor
cycles.  According to them, they're what's used on railroads, and are pretty
much bulletproof.  Don't recall brand, price, etc., but for most of these
devices you're looking at a couple hundred dollars or so.  Certainly not for
everyone, but an option.