Re: MGB Badge&Housing

To: British Classics <britclass@choicenet1.com>,
Subject: Re: MGB Badge&Housing
From: "Martin C. Galan" <batangelias@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 06:00:18 -0800 (PST)
Sirs,
Thank you for the reply.

I guess that I must introduce myself to the list. Im from the Philippines.  I
recently acquired a 1965 MGB its present color is black, but according to the
BMIHT certificate that I received, it was originally in Old English White with
black trim and black hood (top).  She was a North American export then brought
to the Philippines, since there were no direct MGB imports. There were,
however, several MGAs brought in directly by a dealer who dropped MG and
started selling Toyotas during the mid-sixties.

My introduction to LBCs was by my father who bought a Lotus Europa, series 2
when I was about 13. I dabbled in motor sports (mainly rallying) during the
late 70s and early 80s but graduate studies prevailed and ultimately a family
put motor sports on pause. Now that Im in my forties, local vintage car racing
(http://www.manilasportscarclub.org/vintage.html) seemed like a logical path to
enjoy motor sports again. So I chose an MGB based on its availability locally
and the availability of parts from abroad. There is a small close-knit group of
MG owners here but I have only met one of their members.

On the side, I am very proud of my nephew who was a winner in last years Le
Mans Classic. He was a co-driver of the winning 1966 Porsche 906 of Perspective
Racing a French Team. He will drive for the same team in this years American
Le Mans Series. His first race will be the 12 hours of Sebring this March.

Thank you again for the advice and for your time.

Martin

www.houseofprecast.com

www.acoustics.com.ph

 British Classics <britclass@choicenet1.com> wrote:
Try heating up the metal part of the badge housing with a hair dryer
or heat gun on low, this should cause the adhesive to soften and
release to the point where you can pop it out with a small screwdriver
or penknife.

On my 73 the housing is screwed to the grill shell but the screw heads
are
covered by the badge which is stuck in place. I'm told that it is
possible
to push the badge off the housing from the rear, which reveals the
screw
heads.