gurgling radio

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: gurgling radio
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 14:43:16 -0600
Since we are discussing waterproofing door speakers, the one-year-old radio
in the 79 (with door speakers) sounds like it's playing music "underwater"
and I have to turn it up louder than I used to in order to hear it (no old
age jokes, please:-). I don't really know much about stereos, but I examined
the speakers and the material inside isn't cracked. The power sometimes just
goes off for undertermined lengths of time; I know there is a short
somewhere but would that make the quality of the radio poor? It used to be
just fine when I installed it.

Monte
          79B, Carmine
          67B, BRG