Re: gurgling radio

To: MonteMorris <mmorris@nemr.net>, MG Listserv <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: gurgling radio
From: Kevin Shertz <kshertz@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 19:59:50 -0500
Monte,

I was planning to install my radio with a plastic or vinyl "shield" that
would hopefully keep water off of it but not seal up the unit.

Since the most likely direction for water to hit it would be from directly
above, I figure that a sloped cover, with enough room for heat dissipation,
is probably enough to save it from having a problem.

BTW, I appreciate everyone's replies to my speaker question.  I'm planning
to wrap the backside of the panel (with speaker installed in it) with Tyvek
or a similar plastic to solve my water concerns.  Sealed with duct tape, of
course...

At the rate of snowfall here in DC, I'll get to this project in, oh, April
or so. (I don't own a garage.)

Regards,
Kevin
1980 MGB