RE: did I do something bad?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: did I do something bad?
From: "J.R. Leach" <leachsr@idirect.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 20:50:49 -0500
Hey Larry,
Sounds like you have the adjuster out to far which is the leanest position.
Turn the adjusting screw Right for Rich, Left for Lean.
The HIF jet is  hooked onto the bimetal jet lever and then the lever is
spring-loaded to hold  it against the adj. screw.
If the jet is not flush with the bridge or close to it with the screw backed
out then I suspect things have come adrift in the float bowl.
You should be able to bring the jet up to the flush position  and then turn
the adj. screw  to the right 2 turns this should get you in the ballpark. At
this point I think the jet top is approx. .060"  below the bridge.
HTH
Jim