Re: HS4 Problem

To: MonteMorris <mmorris@nemr.net>
Subject: Re: HS4 Problem
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 08:18:50 -0600
Monte,

   I looked at some spare AUD405s, from a '70 B.  The front link is as
you describe and has a spacer between the link and the screw head.  IOW,
the screw goes thru the spacer, then the link and into the jet.  On the
rear carb, the spacer is between the link and the jet.

   On the AUD326 that on my 69 B, the link curls around the jet and has
a spacer between the link and the jet.

   Now, in the Moss parts manual, the lever and link assy for the front
carb (372-865) is the same for AUD 326/405/465, so I have a feeling that
the link on my spare 405 front carb is installed incorrectly.  The link
does look distorted although the jet doesn't bind.

   I'd say, as a minimum, you need to find or make a spacer.  That
spacer has a shoulder on it that allows the link to move freely on the jet.

   Hope this helps,

    CR