Lead Substitute

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lead Substitute
From: <cmondialo@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:05:44 -0500
I just bought a 74 BGT.  I can finally get my timing light and dwell meter out
of moth balls!  What is the opinion of the group on lead additives or
substitutes?    I checked the local shops and none of the substitutes noted
from the mgcars page was there.  From the MG page Redline was apparently
available in the US  but again not sight of it.
www.mgcars.org:
The Oscars Go To.. FBHVC gave their endorsement to 4 products. Interestingly,
each of these products uses a different additive: - Millers VSP-Plus. Lead
Substitute & Octane Booster
      Red Line Lead Substitute
      Superblend 12 / Zero Lead  Lead Substitute
      Valvemaster Lead Substitute

Only one of these products, Red Line, is available in North America, but it is
worth studying all the endorsed FBHVC products to see what US and Canadian MG
owners can learn from the British tests

Any comments on other brands?