Re: Coolant was Battery Water

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Coolant was Battery Water
From: "R. Martin Rogovein" <rmort@bezeqint.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 01:03:51 +0200
FWIW -
Here (Israel) they only sell premixed coolant (the locals call it "green
water"), whether of local brands or imports (Prestone et.al).
Possibly because our water is famously calcified (teakettles and such need
to be descaled almost weekly unless you use a "brita" or other such filter).
Then again, it's just as likely the result of an obscure 50-year-old import
law designed to protect some local manufacturer.

Once I asked a mechanic about mixing coolant 50/50 and he just looked at me
funny - he had never heard of such a thing.

RMartin
70 roadster
Tel Aviv