RE: help possible scam?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: help possible scam?
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:46:36 -0600
> I have a MGB listed at mgcars.org .  I have been contacted by
> a person who
> claims to have a client in Dubai, United Arab Emirates...is
> ready to bank
> transfer money into my account...has not seen the car or
> asked one question
> about it...sounds like a scam to me ...I have asked for info and
> references....anyone ever hear of such a deal?

The typical scam of this nature is that they'll send you a cashier's check,
and then you're supposed to give some quantity of money to their local
associate who is handling the shipping.  So you hand them money, keys and
title.  A few days later your bank informs you that the check was a forgery.

Haven't heard of any scam involving a wire transfer, but you're right to be
suspicious.  The foreign country and an agent for the buyer, along with no
questions about the car all throw up red flags.  Perhaps they've come up
with some new angle as more people have caught on to the other scam?