Re: insurance rant and question... sorry!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: insurance rant and question... sorry!
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 01:07:55 +1030
MonteMorris wrote:

> We are in a small town and my agent sees me driving both
> MGs all the time (except winter) and hasn't said a word.

Call me cynical but maybe he is rubbing his hands together knowing that,
as he has witnessed it personally, you will fail in any claim because
you drive the cars too much.  I hesitate to believe that they would rush
over and tap you on the shoulder to say "hey, watch out... you might be
putting any future claims in jeopardy".

I hate the fact that you have to worry so much before putting in a
genuine claim whether or not you have transgressed on some minute,
infinitely interpretable fineprint clause.  Yes, they need to stop being
ripped off to help keep costs down but surely there needs to be SOME
element of "good faith".

I disliked intensely the fact that I had to really, really pressure my
insurance company before they would allow me to replace my aluminium
bonnet/hood with another aluminium one rather than a steel one.  Some
people cannot handle that sort of pressure and would just buckle under -
why should it be that way?

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII