RE: insurance rant and question... sorry!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: insurance rant and question... sorry!
From: Charles Hill <candahill@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 23:55:41 -0600
Sounds like several of you have found the same insurance solution that I
have.  I've checked all the "classic" car insurance companies and have
found that my "regular" insurance company (Farmer's) is very
competitive.  Rates aren't that bad and not nearly so many
restrictions.  Being older(50+) and having several other policies and a
good claims record probably don't hurt.

I think mainstream insurance companies are starting to realize the
lucrative market in classic car insurance.  The cars are well maintained
and protected.  They are rarely driven and when driven, usually not in a
hazardous situation - rush hour traffic for instance.  Bet they have far
fewer claims than with their regular policies.

Regards,
Charles Hill