SU Carb Damper Oil Level Question

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU Carb Damper Oil Level Question
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 21:35:10 -0000
I'm a bit confused on the oil fill level on the SU carbs. Should the level be
below the top of the piston, or below the top of the cover that encloses the
piston? I've been filling completely over the stem of the piston. What are the
ramifications of over filling the damper oil?

BTW, How many times have you heard this? "Yea, I had an MG in High
School/Collage, but I never could get the carbs set right." Then you asked
them if they keep the carb oil topped up, and they say "What oil?"

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB - NAMGBR #7-3336