Re: brakes

To: paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk
Subject: Re: brakes
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 12:00:15 -0500
Paul,
   With the cable in place on the car, how do you secure the nipple to
the grease-gun tip?   The nipple on the originals and the replacement
cable is straight-sided, so the grease-gun tip does not slide over and
latch on as it does with the wasp-waisted nipple on other greased
fittings.
  I suppose that with another pair of hands one could hold the tip to the
nipple, but my attempts to connect the two with one hand clamping, then
with wire wrapping, failed.
Bob

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 15:43:12 -0000 "Telewest \(PH\)"
<paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk> writes:
> My grease gun fits the nipple on the cable and gets grease in, but
> most of it oozes out of the turns of the spiral sheath just either
side.
> When preparing a new cable you really need to secure both ends of the
> inner and slide the outer up and down whilst pumping grease in.
Thereafter