brakes

To: "Chuck Renner" <crenner@dynalivery.com>, "MG list"
Subject: brakes
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 22:12:15 -0600
Thanks for the brake help, Chuck, Paul, Bob, Barney, and anyone else I may
have missed.
 I got the other rear brake done tonight, new rebound straps installed, and
front brake hoses on. This second side went much quicker (3 1/2 hrs) than
the first side, but I didn't have to do that damn flexible clutch hose
tonight either!!!
Sometime this week I hope to get the front pads on, the new emergency brake
cable installed and, the brakes bled and finished.
I understand now why the emergency brake wasn't working. I think the
adjusters were pretty much frozen up and one piston in each brake cylinder
was evidently not working, resulting in one shoe wearing about off and the
other looking almost unworn. It was definitely time to do brakes.

Monte
          79B, Carmine
          67B, BRG
          74 1/2 Rust, parts car