Re: Rubber Bumper B

To: Zubrovka <zubrovka@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Rubber Bumper B
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 13:24:43 -0600
Zubrovka wrote:
> Asthetically, the chrome bumper B looks better to me, but I was
> wondering what happens to a chrome bumper B in a BUMP versus the RBB?
> Would the car sustain more damage in a collision than a RBB?
> Are there any stats on that?
> The RBB makes the car a bit heavier, but if it was lowered a bit,
> would it not still be safer than a CBB?
> John

Well, not neccessarily. You lower it and you will be under the bumper
of just about every truck out there, and many cars. The rubber bumpers
are 5 mph bumpers. The chrome would say 2 1/2 mph, I believe. But I
wouldn't count on the bumpers being straight even at that speed.

I think safty in a B with todays vehicles (and the people "driving" aka
talking on the cell phone) is a choice between little and none. :-)
Safety Fast means, get out of their way.

Personally, I think the RBB looks like it has no chin. I want to get a
LE spoiler for mine before I get it painted. It helps the look. It's
also pretty high off the ground. Looks funny.

Hey Twin Citiers! I drove my car today. Pulled it out of it's sleep last
night! It's kind of damp out there, but I'm thinking the top is going
down for the drive home. :-D

Paul.

--
Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd N.E., Fl 1S    PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155