Re: Rubber Bumper B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rubber Bumper B
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 10:08:31 +1030
Eric wrote:

> I have been known (over the past two years) to drive my 'B for 9 hours
> interstate to a racetrack, race it over the weekend and then drive home
> again.

I forgot toi mention the fun part of last year's 9 hour road trip.

I also managed to carry with me two 20 litre jerry cans of AVGAS (one in
the boot and one on the passenger seat floor - I wouldn't be able to get
any at the racetrack) PLUS four 5.5" x 15" rims with my 205/60 racing
tyres on them.  Oh yeah, and a little luggage for my three night stay.

A little ingenuity and you can fit the three 205/60/15 wheels in the
passenger seat (one behind the seat - upright wedged between the rollbar
and the seat) and the fourth wheel in the boot.  It is like having a
very heavy/wide passenger.

It is hard to change into reverse and you can skin your knuckles
changing gears but I made it over.  The wheels came home in someone
else's racecar on a trailer - much easier :-)

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII