Re: Rubber Bumper B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rubber Bumper B
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 15:29:07 +1030
On Friday, Mar 14, 2003, at 08:37 Australia/Adelaide, WSpohn4@aol.com
wrote:

> In a message dated 13/03/03 1:26:58 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> mgman@optonline.net writes:
>
>> The Bs are the only cars I have. Eileen has a Chevy Tracker but that
>> get her
>> to/from job. I put over 20 thousand miles a year on my Bs annually.
>>

> David, you are a true exception to the rule, and an example for us all!

Hey, can you put ME down on the "exception" list, too, please.

My 'B is the most driven car I have (my Rover will be happy soon) and
has been for years now.

Not only do I drive it almost every day to work and back, but
everywhere else, too.  I am a motorsport official at events all over
the place including off-road and rally events all year 'round - I drive
to them in the 'B no matter what the weather.

I have been known (over the past two years) to drive my 'B for 9 hours
interstate to a racetrack, race it over the weekend and then drive home
again.

Unless it has been modified, is the ride height and suspension of an
RBB safe for high-speed country driving?

BTW - I am not the only one in our club who does this.

Eric
'68 MGB MkII
'85 Rover SD1 Vanden Plas
Adelaide, South Australia