Re: measuring piston rise

To: mgs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: measuring piston rise
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 11:41:24 -0800
I just realized that the HIF 6 in this application seems to have a
vacuum port that is plugged off. If it leads to where I think it does,
it gets the vacuum from between the butterfly and the piston, which
means that it would "measure" the amount of vacuum that the piston is
exposed to. Am I reading this correctly?

I've been experimenting this week with using the green spring rather
than the yellow (12 oz rather than 8oz), it seems to work pretty well,
except for sometimes when trying to accelerate from a very low load
situation, in which case the car just doesn't want to do anything,
except possibly die. If I were a little less restrained on my
sanity/time/research budget I'd experiment with a progressively wound
spring on the carb piston. But if I were going to that much bother,
I'd probably do better with a closed loop fuel injection system.

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.