Re: throttle shaft reamer

To: "Paul Root" <proot@iaces.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: throttle shaft reamer
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:14:54 -0600
Paul,
I took it to a machine shop person and he ground the edges (and installed a
nut with two set screws on the end of the cutter) for me so they would cut
counterclockwise. Cost  an extra $16 bucks, but I still only had about $25
tied up. I could have done it myself if I'd have found a white stone small
enough. It doesn't take much to start it into the aluminum carb body and the
self-made cutting edges don't have to be precise. I did touch them up once
with a Dremel tool.
Unless you're in the business of carb rebuilding, I can't see how one could
justify paying over $200 (seems that's what Moss wanted) for the reamer when
the home made one works just fine.

Monte