windshield adhesive

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: windshield adhesive
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 23:47:41 -0600
I asked in Autozone about adhesive to fix the new bottom windshield rail
seal to the car body and they said windshield adhesive was around $25/tube.
Is there anything else to be used here, or is this the only ticket in town?
I also have bought some heatshield material (Moss #409015) and am wondering
if I can use it under the bonnet instead of the Dynamat that is sold for
that? For the last year, the 67 has been bare on the underside of the
bonnet. I don't really notice the motor noise, since the top is almost
always down, but is the reflective surface really needed for anything
besides radianting motor heat back downwards?
Monte
          79B, Carmine
          67B, BRG
          74 1/2 Rust, parts car