Re: ? about MGB (1978) books & de-smogging

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ? about MGB (1978) books & de-smogging
From: "james" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 01:43:06 -0500
I would add that if you do splice in some hard pipe, and you find that you
blow it off when the radiator pressurizes, either weld a bead around the
ends of the tube or solder on a copper wire, this will prevent the tube from
being able to slip past your hose clamp.

I put hard lines on my V8 and blew the hoses off of them once on my first
commute to work.  I welded a bead about 1/4" from the edge of the hard lines
and never had a problem (with the hoses) since.

James Nazarian
71B Tourer
71BGT V8
85 Dodge Ram
> >2)  You've gone back to the pre-water choke style of heater return
> >pipe.  Since the '76 still has the radiator up close to the engine, you
> >can use an early lower radiator hose.  For the later cars, with the
> >forward-mounted rad, you'd have to use a lower hose like those used the
UK