Re: clutch

To: Mromgbtkd@aol.com
Subject: Re: clutch
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 17:07:05 -0600
Mromgbtkd@aol.com wrote:

> I remember reading that there is a way the replace a clutch without removing
> the engine. Does anyone have any info on this procedure?

Yes, I've done it. You remove the transmission, leaving the engine in
place.

It's so hard to do, especially compared to pulling the engine/transmission
as a unit, that I would never do it again. After the experience of pulling
the driveshaft, transmission, cross-member, etc., I pulled the engine, put
the whole assembly back together and installed them that way. Never Again.

My opinion; others may disagree.

-Rock     http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
"JJ Cale Live" CD & Video: http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm