Re: Battery Quick Disconnect?

To: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery Quick Disconnect?
From: dave houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 11:03:36 -0500
Tab,
All my MG's have 'em. I have recommended on this list everyone install a
switch for safety while working on our cars or security.
The TD has one Lucas switch attached at the battery, a knob that
unscrews. The A and B's use a switch I found at Carlisle(but Hemmings
has them too for around $20 bucks). Install right behind the passenger
seats down by the tunnel. I have the plastic boxes for the battery so it
involves cutting a flap to pass the wire from the starter in one side
and another flap at the back for the ground strap. The A and early BGT
have been upgraded to neg. ground for convenience(read radio's) sake.
Only problem I have now is that I have to reset all my stations if I
disconnect at switch. Small price to pay.
Cheers,
Dave Houser