Re: V8 Bushes and Torque settings.

To: "Chris" <slimyrat@hotmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: V8 Bushes and Torque settings.
From: "Bill Meyer" <wcameyer@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 08:26:51 -0700
Never seen this, but you should be able to just snug up the pivot nuts to
prevent this, then truly tighten them once on the ground.

By the way, my thanks to Kelvin for setting me straight on the function of
those bushes.  I had tightened them up while suspended, so Saturday, I
loosened them up.  I bounced the car, which reset the driver side, but not
the passenger.  SO... I replaced the nuts loosely, installed cotter pins so
I wouldn't lose them, and went for a spirited drive.  When I returned, both
sides had reset, so all I had to do was tighten them up!

Kelvin,

Will we be seeing you in Havasu Friday?  Penny & I will be in the cream GT
(want to discuss with you what color this actually is) with driving lights
and the old South African front plate.

Bill
 I pressed the bushes in with a bit of
> dishwashing liquid without any problems but when I tightened the bolts
> holding the arms to the spring pans the bushes started coming out
again....