V8 Bushes and Torque settings.

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: V8 Bushes and Torque settings.
From: "Chris" <slimyrat@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 11:51:55 +0200
Hi All !

Started reconstructing my crossmember on the weekend and came across a
problem with the v8 bushes, I pressed the bushes in with a bit of
dishwashing liquid without any problems but when I tightened the bolts
holding the arms to the spring pans the bushes started coming out again....
any clever tricks to stop this from happening? I thought I was only supposed
to tighten the pivot nuts once the car is on the ground but this seems to be
the only way of stopping the bushes from climbing out again...

My other question is what torque do I use for tightening the trunion and and
pivot nuts, my (ancient) haynes manual only seems to have torque settings
for the engine....

Thanks :-)

Chris
1/2 a '73B