Camshaft

To: "MG Board" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Camshaft
From: "Gregg Baker" <gbaker@customcpu.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 11:09:39 -0800
All,
   After finding the head on my 69 MGB severely in need of work (new
everything) I luckily (I suppose) checked my lifters and cam.  Thing kept
getting worse and now I'm into a complete rebuild.
  Has anyone tried Moss 'Fast Street Cam' and if so what did you think?  Who
makes it?  What about pushrods and lifters, do the stock ones fit OK or did I
miss something?
   Are there different quality of bearings made (rods&mains) or are they all
just about the same thing?
What about rings?
   I believe the sage advise I've always heard about a complete rebuild is to
always replace clutch, oilpump and never try to clean out the used oil cooler
and lines.  Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Anxiously awaiting your response,
Gregg Baker