RE: New car - not so new member - Introduction - Manuals and

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: New car - not so new member - Introduction - Manuals and
From: "Rui Gigante" <rgigante@oninet.pt>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:54:14 +0100
Hi listers,

>I'm a Portuguese guy passionate for classic cars and, since last saturday,
>the proud owner of a new toy: a 1967 MGB roadster in BRG.

It's nice to welcome a Portuguese on the list! I have a MGA, currently under
restoration that you can see at http://homepage.oninet.pt/541mhc/mga.htm
You will find this list full of very helpful and knowledgeable people.

>And this brings me for the first questions to you all:
>- could you please advise me on the best manuals (workshop and parts) and
>how to buy them, especially in Europe?
>- could you also advise me on the best spares sources, especially in Europe?

I would recomend Haynes MGB workshop manual, that you can buy online, locally,
from http://www.ascari.pt
About the spare parts, I'm buying most of them from a local supplier,
Artur&Mesquita, in Porto. They are very helpful. But sometimes it pays to buy
some parts directly from Moss.

E-mail me privately or better yet, my phone number is 22-0004723 (work) and we
can talk about it.

Best,
Rui Gigante
Porto - Portugal