Re: MGA Back Deck

To: mrazor@mis.net
Subject: Re: MGA Back Deck
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:24:53 -0700 (PDT)
Mike Razor SEZ -
> How strong is the back deck behind the cockpit of the MGA?  Mine is
> being requested to haul a person sitting on that back deck for a
> parade.  Normally don't do much in the way of parades, but it is for
> my son and he really wants to use the car.   I have to drive it due to
> insurance and he and date need to ride.  I am concerned that it can't
> bear the weight for an extended time.

I don't think it would be a problem.  Most kids are pretty light.
If I could get within 100 pounds of what I weighed in high school
my doctor would call me a total success!  :-)  The tonneau is
curved, and the cockpit edge provides lots of structural
reenforcement.  As long as the guest of honor plants his/her
buttocks nearer to the cockpit edge than the trunk it shuld be
alright.  Maybe provide a cushion to further distribute the
weight and protect the paint.

--
David Breneman                     | "Just because something doesn't
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst    |  do what you planned it to do