Re: MGA Back Deck

To: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGA Back Deck
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 18:38:23 -0500
At 04:34 PM 4/23/03 -0400, Mike Razor wrote:
>How strong is the back deck behind the cockpit of the MGA?  Mine is being
>requested to haul a person sitting on that back deck for a parade.  ....

Probably a lot stronger than you might think.  They do get used for this
occasionally.  As long as the rolled front flange at the rear cockpit rail
has not been cut or damaged, it should be fine for sitting people in a
parade.  I weigh in a bit over 200 pounds by now (perish the thought), and
I have no qualms about sitting on the rear tonneau.  Just tell them not to
stand and jump on it.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com