Re: Miata seats

To: proot@iaces.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Miata seats
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:52:14 EDT
In a message dated 4/24/03 2:53:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time, proot@iaces.com
writes:

> So my question is, what all has to happen to drop a Miata
> seat into the 'B (77 if it makes a difference)? I assume
> that at least the fronts will bolt into front holes.

- - - - - - - - - -

I bought Fiero seats for my '77 Midget.  I measured everything before I
plunked down the cash and they will fit nicely.  I am not sure about a B.
The center console in the B takes up a lot of room, but Miata seats should
still fit.  (The Midget actually has wider seats than the B.)

I would remove the original seat and figure out where the mounting holes are
in relation to the seat front or the front of the seat back.  The front of
the seat back determines your driving position, I guess, for lack of a better
term.  Then, determine where the mounting bolts or holes are for the Miata
seat.

It would be a simple matter to make two "rail adapters" that would bolt to
the new seat, then bolt to the floorboard.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)
'75 MG Midget (The Project)