Re: distributor cap applications

To: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>, <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: distributor cap applications
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:41:59 +0100
Yes and no - in my UK 73 at least - they are 'plug compatible'.  The 45D has
the benefit that it is easier to undo the clamp to block screws when
removing the distributor for points change or adjustment.  This avoids
damaging the shoulder on the dizzie body by continually undoing and
overtightening (most people do) of the clamp bolt.  It also makes it much
easier to get the timing close enough to get the engine running for dynamic
timing adjustment rather than have to do a static first or mark the
positions of things.