Re: Tao of Bugs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tao of Bugs
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 13:20:45 EDT
In a message dated 4/29/03 12:49:05 PM, idcb@airborne.com writes:

<< > Shucks.  I thought this was a well understood law of old British cars,
> where they collect bugs as surely as they drip oil, and nobody has to
> ask.

Bugs aren't the only thing they don't deflect.  Once driving my
former MGB on a highway, a rock about the size of a macadamia nut
fell out of a dump truck ahead of me, bounced off the road and
hit me square in the forehead.  I was so happy it didn't hit the
headlight or windshield that I didn't even mind the bruise! >>

I know this is pushing the limits, since this string has been going for some
time with almost no LBC content, but the above story reminds me of cruising
at 60 mph on a motorcycle south of Savannah when a bug--I guess--hit my
helmet just where my forehead would be with a loud "crack" sound, snapping my
head back sharply.  Musta been a bug--no  cars out at that hour.
And how about the "love bugs" of Florida? Clouds of them fly around joined at
the abdomen, their bodies creating a superglue-like substance when they
impact your car.  Any delay in immediate cleaning lets them set up, requiring
compounding or just sandpaper to get them off (slight hyperbole).

Jay Donoghue
72B-GT
66 Mustang