Re: Here's your chance

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Here's your chance
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 16:53:52 -0700 (PDT)
Bullwinkle SEZ -

> I've also read that they're afraid of lawsuits from old MG dealers for
> loss of product and they weren't able to sell the franchises back to
> Leyland.

That's always cited as a concern, but it seems like the marque has
changed hands enough times since then to indemnify the current
owners from liability.  Not to say that someone wouldn't file suit,
but I'd think it wouldn't go very far.

Interestingly, since 1998 Leyland Trucks has been owned by an
American company, Pacific Car and Foundry (the Kenworth guys),
and nobody's sued them over the MG fiasco.

To quote their home page:

A long period of rationalisation and de-merger began in the mid 1970s,
from which the current Leyland Trucks Ltd. emerged in 1993 as the owner
of the Leyland Assembly Plant, which now employs 1,000 people.

--
David Breneman                     | "Just because something doesn't
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst    |  do what you planned it to do