RE: seat belts

To: "'David Councill'" <dcouncil@imt.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: seat belts
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 08:55:51 -0700
David:

My suggestion is to rectify the mounts correctly.

        I was going to suggest making up captive nut plates, but found out
Moss still has them on the shelf, so would suggest ordering them when you
get a chance.  Moss #222-115 is a pair of captive nut plates specifically
for this type of problem.  The plates are aprox. 2" X 1.5" and have the
correct threaded boss centrally installed.  The plate should be welded to
the inner sill after a 3/4" clearance hole is bored to clear the boss and
allow the plate to fit flush.

  While you are doing this, curse the fabricator that neglected to install
captive nuts when the sills were being replaced.

Think about all the fabrication that goes into building a race car.  Now
think about the reason for this fabrication.   SAFETY!!!

Now, get in there and do the job properly.  The life you save may be your
own.

Kelvin.