RE: seat belts

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: seat belts
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 12:24:54 -0600
My seatbelts or lack of them is my main holdup now in my 72B restoration.
As mentioned earlier, the replacement of the sills left me minus the
mounting points for one section of each seatbelt. That was one problem.
When I purchased a 65B and a 72B, I got two cars and lots of parts. I got
new seat belts in the deal which I plan on putting in the 72B but I find I
am missing all of the necessary attaching hardware. The Moss catalog shows
the belts come with all the mountings and it looks like the belts clip on
eye bolts. I have one eye bolt of the correct size but cannot locate the
other three that I would need. It looks like they are a 7/8" or maybe a
1/2" fine thread (and screw right in the tunnel mount piece in particular).
I cannot locate any eye bolts here in town that are anything but coarse
thread at the hardware stores.

As Kelvin mentioned, I can get the captive nut plates for the sill. But
where can I get three eye bolts? They don't seem to be in the Moss catalog
as near as I can tell. Anyone have some used ones they would sell me?

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B