Re: overdrive solenoid

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: overdrive solenoid
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 19:18:26 -0700
1) IIRC, oil was leaking out my solenoid cover plate, so I would say no.

2) yes, in a Mark I, as Kelvin says. In a 70, no way. You might conceivably
be able to get at the electrical blade connectors on top of the switch, with
some kind of probe, but I don't see how you could possibly remove it.

The thing about testing the switch in place is that the most common problem
with it is that the button is not making proper contact, which will not be
apparent in the test. You may just need to remove the switch and change the
washer stack for it to function correctly. So you might as well remove it to
determine if it is electrically functional, then try adjusting the contact
issue.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149