Painting at different times

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Painting at different times
From: Kendel McCarley <kmmccarley@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 11:08:34 -0700 (MST)
I just painted my first thing (a Rostyle wheel)using the Dupont base and
clearcoat system.  I've never done this before and am enthused how well it
turned out.

To get my GT on the road, I need to put on a new door.  The replacement door is
in slightly rusty primer right now, so it needs to be painted.  I'm wondering
whether to just paint it so I can drive the car while working the rest of the
bodywork for immediate gratification, or wait to do the whole car at once;
which might be a year away.

Anybody have any experience with the Dupont paint and not doing the whole car
at one time?

 - Kendel