RE: Painting at different times

To: "'Kendel McCarley'" <kmmccarley@earthlink.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Painting at different times
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 21:52:26 -0500
Two observations:

1) Many base/clear systems require that the time differential between
laying down the base and laying down the clear be a pretty short time
(20 minutes to 4 hours is typical). I know this is not your situation,
but do be careful of this.

2) Many of these paints have a pot and shelf life, so if you let time go
by between applications, be careful that the pot or shelf life isn't
excessive.

If you buy another batch later when the car is done, the mixes may not
be exact.

Cheers,
Lew Palmer