APB on the Les Leston Wheel Thief!

To: "mg list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: APB on the Les Leston Wheel Thief!
From: "Kevin Richards" <mg.carma@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 09:02:14 -0400
A Thief amongst us!

Much to my dismay, I was talking to a very good friend of mine who is a vendor
at many British car shows. In fact, it is fast becoming his livlihood.

By far, one of the most "true and honest-in to it for the cars and not the
money" type enthusiasts I have met.

Well, he said that he had the back of his van open while setting up his spot
at the Ohio show, went to move a box or two to the tent area (20 feet away),
came back and a Les Leston Wheel plus adapter for MG Midget hub had vanished.
Now, he is the first person to make sure that he packed this item when he left
home, but sure enough, he saw it plain as day five minutes before he moved the
boxes.

Basically, someone reached into his van and stole it!

I am hoping that it was some crack-deranged youth that has nothing to do with
the hobby, but let me tell you, if I confirm the lead that I have reagarding
who it is, then The entire MG community will know about it and this person
will not go to a single show, outing, or meet without being abundantly
reminded that they were the one that stole from a fellow car enthusiast.

SO, I will get to my point.
If this person wants to return the steering wheel and hub adapter, they can do
that by simply mailing it back to this address:
Kevin Richards
17 Peyton Street
Winchester, Va
22601
Now, having said that, if it does come back, there will be no questions asked,
and I will hand deliver it to my friend at the next show.
If this person is found out and they do not return it, then charges will be
filed.

SO, if you happen to see someone showing off their new autojumble find, a Les
Leston Wood rimmed wheel and matching MG Midget hub adaptor, then drop me an
email....
Let them know that we are looking for it......and them....

AN APB on the Wheel thief! Let's hope there is not a thief amonst us.......Let
the thief grow a conscience!

Thanks for letting me use this forum as a place to possibly get this wheel
back.
Is it about the $300?, nope, not by a stretch....it is all about the Principle
of the thing......theft!
thanks
Kevin