Re: Re: Where to buy car cover?

To: Kendel McCarley <kmmccarley@earthlink.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: Where to buy car cover?
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 16:12:58 -0600
I have been using the midline quality car covers from Moss, I believe the
duravent models. They are a custom fit with stretch parts for the bumpers
that will withstand maybe 30-40 mph winds. But there is also a rope tie
down that goes from the bottom middle to the other side of the car that
will keep the top secure in high winds - I know mine has withstood 70 mph
winds. I mainly use mine in the summer on the BGT as sun/heat protection
where it works pretty good.

The only problem is cats. The evil creatures liked my cover and tended to
sit and scratch at the portion covering the windshield. Still, the cover
withstood that although the material thinned out in those spots. But Moss
says the tops last about four years and that is perhaps a good assessment
as mine is about that old and is now starting to split in a few areas. My
son has one for his 65B which is also holding up good after two years.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B