Re: Ignition circuit of '66 B

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition circuit of '66 B
From: "Chris" <slimyrat@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:01:24 +0200
> > I thought that this had to do with the flash point temperature of
gasoline
> > vs the temp of the burning end of a cigarette...something to the effect
that
> > it (the flash point) was higher than the temp of the cigarette.  Urban
> > legend?

Not too sure about the theory behind it but out here in the dusty wastes of
darkest Africa no-one wastes cigarettes just because they happen to be
filling up (the signs are there but no-one pays any attention to them) and
I've never heard of a petrol station blowing up from someone smoking.

Not that I'd recommend anyone try it, but I think conditions would have to
be just right for anything to actually happen.

Chris
3/4 of a '73B
Johannesburg