Re: Ignition circuit of '66 B

To: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>,
Subject: Re: Ignition circuit of '66 B
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:49:54 -0500
At 11:46 PM 6/23/03 -0400, James Nazarian wrote:
>I've never had the guts to try this, but I've been told that a lit cigarette
>won't ignite gas.

Sure glad you never had the guts.  You would lose, big time.

There is another observation though.  It is the vapor from the fuel that
burns, the mixture of fuel and air in suspension.  Liquid fuel by itself
does not burn and must evaporate or boil off to combine with air to be
combustible.  In extremely cold temperatures (very VERY sub zero) it is
possible to extiinguish a lit match in liquid gasoline without igniting the
fuel.  Do not try this at home.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com