Re: Intermittent power loss

To: "Tab Julius" <tab@penworks.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Intermittent power loss
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:47:36 +0100
Is the tach dropping too?  If so it is the ignition LT feed through the coil
and distributor.  If you can rig up a timing light where you can see it
while driving watch for any irregularity in flashing as the problem occurs,
if so it is ignition HT.  Otherwise it looks like fuel.  Mine used to do
something similar very occasionally, pulling out the choke cleared it.  It
was so infrequent and so easily 'cured' I never bothered looking any further
for it, but since having the carbs rebuilt it hasn't happened again.