Re: Distributor repair

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Distributor repair
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 10:43:12 EDT
In a message dated 7/9/03 7:35:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time, ccrobins@ktc.com
writes:

> There's a problem in your apparent perception of the various
> electronically triggered setups that bothers me.  You keep calling them
> "magnetic triggers" as though you think that's all that they contain.

Not at all - I am simply designating them by the way in which they operate,
as either magnetic or optical triggering, without reference to any of the other
aspects of the units.

We have found that the optical triggers are marginally less
effective/reliable in racing - probably due to an oil 'fog' that may occur
inside the
distributor at high rpm, which might interfere with the optical aspect.

Bill