Re: Miata exhaust on an MGB?

To: William Killeffer <wkilleffer@comcast.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Miata exhaust on an MGB?
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 20:00:50 -0700 (PDT)
A quick look at the Moss Miata site shows the replacement silencer alone is
$250.00. So I am not sure that would be the most cost effective option.

Carl

Howdy,
Today, I met a man at my office who drives a Triumph Spitfire to work
everyday. Of course, we discussed our cars and I brought up that mine's
off the road due to exhaust system problems. It's too loud to drive for
long distances and might be illegal. He said to put a Miata exhaust on
it. He did it to his Spit without any trouble, and it had a nice sound.
Would this be possible on my 1974 MGB? If so, would it be a good idea?
was thinking about getting a Peco system without the header, but if
this
is a better and more cost-effective alternative I would be willing to
try it.
Thanks for the help,
-William Killeffer