RE: Miata exhaust on an MGB?

To: "'William Killeffer'" <wkilleffer@comcast.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Miata exhaust on an MGB?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:55:26 -0700
William:

The Late Spitfire muffler is similar in size and shape to the Miata, they
both fit across the back of the car.  As previously stated the MGB gastank
location precludes installing this type of system.

If anyone wants to try though, I have a low mileage stock 99 Miata muffler
they can have for $25.00 plus shipping.

And yes, the Miata does have a heat shield above the muffler.  As I found
out when I put a Borla muffler on my (now smushed) Miata.  I know understand
why Japanese swords have such an incredible reputation for sharpness, they
learnt the art by making heat shields and I have a nasty scar to show for
it.

Kelvin.