Re: Transporting an engine in an SUV

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Transporting an engine in an SUV
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:31:39 -0700
I think it is closer to 400 pounds complete (450 is the number that pops
up). Better arrange some help.

If the engine stand is high enough you might be able to push it right in the
rear door, but you still have to do a controlled drop -- you won't be able
to unbolt it from the stand with weight on it. Usually there is a single pin
release.

It would suck to have a motor swap staring at you, while you're recuperating
from a hernia.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149