Transporting an engine in an SUV

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Transporting an engine in an SUV
From: "Patton Dickson" <kpdii@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:11:03 -0500
I just found a complete (minus carbs) motor for my '67 that I want to buy to
replace the 18V in my car right now.  If I buy it, I am planning on driving
my Isuzu Trooper over to get it (about a 5 hour trip).

Any suggestions as to how to load it, I might have no help in moving it.  It
is on an engine stand right now, but I would have to take it off of that to
get it in.  How much will it weight?  300#?

Once in, there are tie downs in the back to secure it.

Thanks
Patton

Patton Dickson - Richmond, TX
1967 MG MGB Mk. I Roadster