Re: Two Super Supercharged MGB's

To: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>, MG List Postings
Subject: Re: Two Super Supercharged MGB's
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:14:15 -0600
I have only bought one car new in my life. But it was a GM product with
their pricey "bumper to bumper" warranty. I quickly learned GM's philosophy
on cars - "It gets you from point A to point B" period. My car started
sputtering and missing and they refused to fix it because it was still
driveable and thus performing its sole function of going from one point to
another. Performance was not an issue to them. I had to go through the
Better Business Bureau to force GM and the dealer to fix what turned out to
be a defective throttle position sensor. GM's quality has consistently been
rated amongst the worst among American cars or at least it was several
years ago. I found too that GM was (is?) very inconsistent in what parts
went into what car, to the point that you had to have a special piece of
paper (forgot the term for it) that listed the components in order to get
spare parts and service. Needless to say, I would never buy or own any GM
product, Corvette included.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B