Re: Two Super Supercharged MGB's

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Two Super Supercharged MGB's
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:19:05 EDT
In a message dated 7/23/03 12:30:05 PM, rowman22001@yahoo.com writes:

<< Corvette, Jeep, Mustang, Viper...  they're sloppy,
sloppy cars.  Until they get their act together in
terms of build quality for the long haul, I couldn't
care less how fast they are. >>

Wait a minute.  I have seen what you are talking about with GM cars, but my
experience with Ford has been better.  My 2000 Mustang GT has 36K on it and it
feels as tight as when new, no rattles or falling-off trim.  We also have a 97
Explorer with 85K on it and it is tight, too, although a bit a wind noise is
starting to creep in.  Likely neither car will be as tight as  Mercedes when
they hit the 10-year mark, but then again they don't cost that much to begin
with or to maintain.   I think some American cars are well worth the money, and
some clearly are not.  And while we're comparing, you should have seen how
fast my '68 MGB-GT descended towards rolling junk status from when I bought it
new in '68.  Very few cars in the world hold up as well as Mercedes.

Jay Donoghue
72 B-GT
66 Mustang